To Protect Your Privacy
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
What we Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender, and social media account names.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collection below.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
This information allows us to provide you with personalised services and correspond with you separately. The information you provide will be kept confidential and used to support your customer relationship with Cleaning Products. It will help us to maintain your account and alert you to new products, special offers and services, which are suited to you as they become available. Such uses may be special offers in promotional emails and on our website.
Where we collect information from
When information is directly given to use
Where we have your consent. You may provide your contact and account details to us when you request specific information about our services or you may also request general information such as product prices and quotes about our products via the website.
When information is given to us indirectly
A refutable data providing third party may have shared your information with us. These organisations will have their own privacy policies and must ensure that the data they provide us is fully compliant with EU GDPR (European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation) for marketing purposes.
You might give us permission to access your information from messaging services like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. This access will depend on your settings or the privacy policies for the particular social media site.
When you are using our website we collect information
Upon visiting our website, information about your visits is recorded and stored. Please read our cookies policy for more details.
What do we do with information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by unsubscribing via the link provided with each marketing email we send to your or by contacting us.
How long do we keep your information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, for example we will keep a record of any customer for a minimum of six years after final invoice to comply with HM Customer & Revenue legal requirements.
If you ask us to stop sending you marketing materials that we have been sending you on the basis of consent, that you have given us, we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
General Data Protection Regulation
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, which will become law in the UK on the 25th May 2018, you are also granted a number of additional rights. These include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
For more information on these rights please read the relevant guidance issued by the ICO.
If you have any questions or queries relating to these individual rights then please contact us.
Data Protection Procedure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Links to other websites
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an email to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
CP will never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we will ask you to contact us by telephone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from CP requesting this kind of information please do not respond but contact us immediately.
Do we process children’s data?
In order to shop with us online, you must be over 16 years old and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for CS to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
Lawful basis for processing personal data
CP collects and uses customer’s personal data because is it necessary for:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering the CP loyalty scheme);
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Accuracy and Updating Information
We endeavour to keep our information accurate and up to date.
Once you have registered online with Cleaning Products you can check the information we store for your account by visiting our website and logging-in. Then access the "Update Account" link at the top of the page to display your account information. You can amend any inaccuracies through this facility.
Alternatively, you can contact us requesting that we update, modify or delete your account information.
We do not share personally identifiable data with any other companies except as provided in this policy or permitted by law. We may provide such aggregate statistics about our sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to trustworthy third parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
In order to provide you with a service, fulfil a transaction you have requested or in connection with legal process, we may share personally identifiable data with our agents (such as credit card processing companies, credit reference agencies, outside suppliers, distributors and delivery companies), and group companies for such purpose, relevant authorities or otherwise with your permission. Where appropriate, we share user experience information or other customer levels personally identifiable information with companies within our group as well as our trusted third parties, agents and business partners for the purpose of accomplishing our objectives of customer personalisation and improvement of site design and user experience.
How can I exercise my rights under the GDPR?
If you have any questions about how CP uses your personal data that are not answered here, if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us.